Monday, October 17, 2011

A Bottle Tree

I wrote this for my mom's bottle tree challenge on her blog.  Enjoy!  




Clair and her friends Jake and Darlin were walking to school when they passed an old house with a tree with bottles on it.  The kids were admiring it when, to their surprise, an old woman appeared on the sidewalk next to them.

"Hello," she said to the children.  "It sure is pretty, isn't it?"  she asked.



"Yes," Replied Clair.

"What do you think is in those bottles?" asked Darlin.

"I could tell you," said the woman.  "In the bottles, there are spirits.  Can you guess which kind?"

"Bad," Answered Jake proudly.

"Yes, how did you know?"  Asked the woman.



"My mom told me."


"The bottles were put up to keep bad spirits away," said the woman.

"So far it's worked," said Darlin.

"Yes."

"Well, I've got to go.  Goodbye, kids!"

"We best get moving too," said Clair.

"Goodbye!"  the kids all said together.

No comments:

Post a Comment